When I was told we were travelling to Cambodia a few months ago, I was incredibly excited.
Suddenly it was China. I was not excited anymore. China does not interest me from a travelling point of view. From an economic point of view, yes. Travelling-no. Suddenly those plans got scrapped due to my dad's work change.
I was fed up with the whole state (or lack) of travelling, and I simply got over my anger in a few hours.
A few days ago, my parents asked me how I felt about travelling to New Zealand. I have heard New Zealand is a place of great beauty, with its great natural landscape. I eagerly thought of exploring it-trekking in forests, relaxing in hot springs, walking on its beaches. I asked my friend for travel planning advice.
Until, to my horror, I discovered we were going on a tour. I saw the travel tour the dad held was written in Chinese and that did not raise my hopes. At all.
I have only had one travel tour in my life, in 2009. It was a Chinese-speaking tour. It was in Melbourne. It was terrible.
We were shuttled around from place to place, not given enough time to properly explore. The tour spoke Mandarin, not my dialect. I speak Cantonese and so did a majority of the other passengers. So I did not understand what was going on half the time.
I refuse to believe Melbourne is a boring place. So I believe the tour took us to boring places. For I do not remember a single place or thing I went to or did in Melbourne, except for the Ballarat goldfields. Primarily because their cola was delicious. Add in the language barrier, I was further disconnected with the whole damn tour. Also, a minor nuance-there were no people my age on the tour. It was all-not even primarily-all middle to old aged Chinese-speaking people.
Due to that tour, I am incredibly afraid this tour will be similar to the Melbourne tour.
No comments:
Post a Comment