Friday, 17 October 2014

It's been about a year and a half with my second lobe piercing

It's near unnoticeable-small and nondescript, usually dwarfed by the flashy gold and ziron earrings I wear my my first set of lobe piercings. Why, I only have a second lobe piercing on my right ear.

I've wanted second lobe piercings since 2010, but only got them early last year.

In the three years that I didn't have one, I remember feeling very distressed- not even jealous- just very distresed if I saw someone with double lobe piercings. I don't know why I felt distresed- wouldn't it make more sense if I just felt a pang of jealousy and want? Yet I felt none of them, but instead distress.

Now that I have it- sometimes I think it's made that much happier as a person. It's not a huge helper in my happiness, but sometimes I look at it, and I recall the struggle I went through to even get it secured- planning months in advance, sneaking out of school to get it treated (I developed a hypertrophic scar about three quarters of a year into it,) panic as my earring fell out and I fumbled, wincing as I fed a restainer one size too big into it. (I know, I did not treat the piercing like royalty during aftercare.)

Cheesy as hell, I know, but I look at it, acknowledge the difficulties I undertook to secure it, and think 'I finally have it. It's stablised. It's mine, and I love it.'

No comments:

Post a Comment