Thursday, 19 June 2014

Whilst showering on Sunday afternoon

I dropped a glass jar whilst scooping some of the product out. I'm guessing my wet hands had a major role in the incident.

The jar, a sturdy hexagonal structure, was intact. The small lid? Shattered into pieces. Fully aware of the situation I was in-dripping wet from head to toe (hair was wet, making it worse), naked and standing in a shower which had minute colourless glass particles everywhere on the floor, I stayed still and calm.

I decided to pick up just the bottle. It had a fair amount if product in it and it appeared undamaged. However, two glass-not even shards- almost strands- that's how thin they were- managed to embed themselves into my hands. And I'm guessing I was unlucky enough to have struck an artery or vein of some sort-one of the punctures had blood coming out of it too quickly and for too long a simple puncture by a thin strand of glass.

Opening the bathroom door, I called to my sister, "Hey, can you get a pair of tweezers from mum and dad's bathroom for me please?"

"What? Why?"

"Dropped a glass thing. I have glass in my hand."

"Go get it yourself. I'm studying."

"There's GLASS in my hand!"

"Run out quickly and get it yourself, I'm studying!"

Shivering, bleeding and single handedly (might I mention with my non-dominant hand as well?), I wrapped a towel around my hair, another towel around my body, and ran.

I managed to get the two strands out with my careful handiwork.

One of the punctures is fine. The deeper one which probably hit an artery/vein is still bandaged as it still hurts.

I don't care about the cuts as much as my feelings of hurt by my sisters lack of care. Your little sister is cold, bleeding and has glass in her hand. Yet you can't interrupt your studying for less than a minute to help her.

No comments:

Post a Comment