Sunday, 7 June 2015

Long time no see, to say at the very least

I haven't been here in a while. I guess I was, and still am, pretty focused on tying together my life;  organising health, fitness, studies. It's pretty difficult for me; I've never been one who's had all three aspects of that present simultaneously in life, it's always been "I'm healthy and studying, but unfit, " or "I'm fit and healthy but not studying," or "I'm studying but not fit nor healthy," so on, so forth.

Also the appeal of blogger wore off for a while. At the time, I was less familiar with the keyboard of my new phone. My old phone's keyboard had little left/right arrow keys to easily move between letters to correct the odd spelling mistake. The lack of this feature in my new one meant whenever I realised I spelt something incorrectly a few lines ago, I had to attempt to drag my finger near the exact letter.

The number of times the phone's screen 'cursor' thought I was pointing at a different letter, a few letters away? Frustratingly high. The way Samsung lays out their settings is very, very confusing for someone whose first Android was a Sony-Ericsson. Unnecessarily complicated, I didn't know how to utilise the swype keyboard nor the autofill until much later. So being left without arrow keys for fine corrections or an autofill/swype keyboard made for typing up long, thoughtful blog posts very difficult.

A decent amount of events have occurred in my private life but I guess I haven't written them down. My diary lays in my draw, unmarked for a good half year, similar to this blog.

I should keep up to date. I've missed a good year's worth of memories. Fleeting moments of angst, day to day nuances, what someone said to me on the train-small things like that should be recorded. They're what I experience on a daily basis and I think it is important I record such things, regardless of how trivial they are. It will be, in the future, my only link to the past, other then quickly-fading memories.


No comments:

Post a Comment